Friday, April 30, 2010

Definition Diaries

Hello blog land!
I have been absent from your wonderful world lately due to school/work/divorce/life/everything. I also don't have computer access at home so that makes things a little tricky.
I've been thinking alot about definitions and the boxes we create around our behaviours to give ourselves bite size snippits of insight. We do it everywhere: "so are you married?" "Remind me to change my facebook status to 'in a relationship'" "He is dating but not dating dating" just so we can sort people into understandable catagories.
The reason i am thinking about this is because although i am technically married to someone, i am not actually married, in practice. I am single. separated. married to a man that i don't talk to anymore. See what i mean? Some things are hard to define....
So on that note, i am throwing the definitions out the window. i am jumping out of the box and into the grey area of freedom. I am just me. and that's the way i like it. and next time someone asks me if i am seeing anyone, i might just whisper "i see dead people."

1 comment: