Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The wonderful place i lived when i was 30 years old.

The boring bits:
I ran 2.25km on a treadmill and did some creative things with weights.
Running laps around the same oval is getting old.
I called a guy today about a job.


The less boring bits;
I had a dream this morning that my sister called me fat and that she had another baby after we had spoken on the phone about a dream she had had about our other sister having a baby. It was like life imitating art imitating a dream.

Welsh and i had a big talk last night about the F word. (Future that is.) We skirted and toe dipped and finally acknowledged that we would both like to give each other a chance to be an important part of each others lives. This means finding a way to be together, despite being geographically challenged. Which leaves us with exciting choices like 6 months in Wales/Italy/New Zealand or somewhere we have not even thought of yet. Preference one of course is him getting a sponsorship to stay in the country for the next few years. But it's good to have loose plans in case that doesn't happen.

My plan is to make my way to wherever we decide to be, after visiting Paris in April. Then of course get home in October in time to run 21km. So thoughts anyone? Nice places to visit for 6 months and work and live and fall more in love and read and write and spend the year that i am 30 years old?

9 comments:

  1. Melbourne! Melbourne's wonderful, just ask Oprah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would choose Vietnam. I would choose HoiAn and stay in a little guesthouse on a river. Although jobs might be limited somewhat! sorry I said you were Fat even if it was just a dream and stop getting the sisters and babies mixed up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i agree with kate "merlburn" as oprah pronounced correctly, is a great place to live. Then I MAY see you sometime this year ;)

    You could never be and never will be fat and your sister would never call you that either.

    I think it is time that I met Sir Welsh, actually I think it is overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and depending on what month I get the boobs taken off, I could even run that 21km with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1)jessi, u getting a boob reduction? what?
    2)i am sure we called eachother fat in primary school all the time.
    3) kit, pick the place u want to go and just go.
    4)i had a dream i had a tiny baby (like the size of my finger) after bron told me about her dream and i kept losing it (in the dream). i didn't like how small it was!!!! amy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girls. I love you all SO MUCH. Almost as much as i love Oprah and her hat. That finger baby sounds kinda creepy. I hope that none of us ever have a finger baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Italy would be awesome, but Europe is really, really far away. Vietnam would be nice. My Dad is heading over to teach English next month, so there must be job possibilities.

    If you're really set on Europe I would suggest Berlin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WON'T YOU STAY, JUST A LITTLE BIT LONGER..PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, SAY THAT YOU'RE GONNA??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Italy Kit, and La Spezia in particular. Beautiful, Yummy and just the place to relax, write, paint and read. I also agree with the Berlin option, Berlin is just amazing, but for different reasons. AJ xx

    ReplyDelete