Monday, February 21, 2011

see ya.

I just dropped Welsh off at the tram stop. I know, I know, I am a bad girlfriend for not driving out to the airport. But i wanted to avoid the whole crying at the terminal, clasping on to his leg at the gate scene. So i parked in a no standing zone next to Luna Park and watched him walk away in my rear vision mirror.
Big backpack, brown arms, sun bleached hair. I hope today is the start of a new adventure for him. He left his jacket at my house so i assume he will be back at some stage.

Then I went shopping for some new clothes for my new job! The aim is to look slightly less homeless than the homeless people. Did I just say that? Really? It's been two years since i worked in a profession where flip flops and a sun dress are probably not appropriate. I bought new jeans. If there is one thing i cannot compromise on, it is jeans. But i also bought black, neat casual tops. When i tried everything on, i looked like my old self again. Not the art making, home hair cutting, op shop clothes wearing woman i have been for the last two years. I will keep her hidden away for the weekends. I'm excited though, to rediscover this part of myself. I want to see how i have changed as a worker, where my boundaries around stress have shifted to, how my role in the world will merge with my role in the workplace. So much has changed in the last two years. So, so , so much. The biggest shift i am feeling right now is that i am not nervous about my first day. In fact, I know that they know that they are lucky to have me. That's different.

No comments:

Post a Comment