Monday, April 4, 2011

Leaping.

Hi everyone!

How is everyone? It's a beautiful day isn't it? It really is.

So last night Welsh got on (another) plane and went away (again.) This time it's a more permanent move based on the fact that he cannot work in Australia and just hanging about on a tourist visa for the last month, was doing both of our heads in. Unemployed boyfriend=me never wanting to go to work and him wanting to annoy me for attention when i didn't.

It's been a chaotic relationship. Sometimes one foot in and one foot out as we tried to wrangle the immigration department, housemates, jobs as well as the whole getting to know each other thing and doing fun stuff like ice skating and going on a boat. It's been six months of wondering if we are really doing this, sizing each other up out of the corner of our eyes and considering if this is it. You know, it, it. Two funerals, a trip to thailand, a couple of resignations and a divorce party later, we have uncovered our answer.

And it is YES. Is he the person I want to be with right now? Yes. 5 years from now? Yep. 20 years from now? Well...probably. I don't even know if i want to be with myself in 20 years.
The point is, the answer is yes. This is it. The big love.

I am moving to Wales in June. I'm going to live in a village with the love of my life and write a book. I'm going to wear gum boots and whinge about the weather. I'm going to eat dinner at the local pub and chase sheep around the paddocks.

So here's to faith and crossing the ocean to give love my best shot.
Here's to leaping.

3 comments:

  1. big love for the big leap... everything feels so right! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look before you leap! Only kidding. We MUST catch up before Paris. Don't you just love that sentence? xx

    ReplyDelete