Thursday, August 25, 2011

zzzzzzzzzzz

So...I thought the not sleeping part came after the part we will not mention. (You know the one..."what's that puddle...give me drugs...this is barbaric.....wah, wah, wah...let's never do this again.")

But I am still 13 weeks from my due date and I am having such trouble sleeping. Welsh and I have been together less than a year. Is that too soon to sleep in separate beds? Before little mini me was in town, we could have slept in a single bed that Welsh picked up from the side of the road. In fact, we did sleep in a single bed that Welsh picked up from the side of the road. And it had a great big lump in the middle of it. Oh the joys of falling in love with a back packer.
We'd just cosy up and cuddle all night and wake up after a few hours sleep refreshed and ready for the day.

These days, the only way Welsh can spoon me is if he also spoons my human sized sausage pillow as well. And if i spoon him, he complains that my stomach is too hot. Then there is the getting up at least twice a night to visit the bathroom. Then being kicked constantly and gasping loud enough to stir Welsh who then strokes the pillow to calm it down. More than once I have given up and gotten up, only to return a few hours later to find Welsh cuddled up to the pillow with no knowledge that I have left the bed. Our legs always seem to get tangled, my hair gets in his mouth and when his alarm goes off I thank goodness that the night is over.

We plan on having the baby sleep in our bedroom for the first six months. I mean why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment