Tuesday, November 22, 2011

bye bye baby (bump)

It's a cruel design flaw that the more pregnant a person gets, the less she is able to sleep. Just when she probably needs it the most, when opportunities for sleep ins are fading fast, when thoughts of screaming babies are still a theory, Mr Sandmand goes MIA. Thanks God, maybe you shouldn't have had Sunday off.

Things I am most looking forward to about not being pregnant anymore:
Meeting the baby (obviously)
Not craving ice and soap anymore
Being able to roll over in one fluid movement and not 17 micro movements.
Beer, wine, Pimms, Vodka (although breastfeeding is going to eff with that one for a little while.)
Running
Walking
Swimming laps.
Knowing my dress size again.
Buying dresses.
Having a conversation that doesn't involve pregnancy.
Oh! The pain in my ribs going away!!
No more midwives!
No more peeing in a bottle once a week!
Rolling down a hill!
Sleeping on my stomach!
Running up the stairs!
Falling down the stairs if I want!
Zipping up my jacket.
Driving without grunting as I try and twist to reverse.
Normal, un-choreographed sex.
Sleep.
Being able to paint my toe nails.
Being able to see the tops of my thigh
Sleeping on my back.
Getting up from the couch really quickly.
Running across the road.
ohhh so many things.

Two more days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment