Thursday, April 12, 2012

Is the visa case officer trying to give me a nervous breakdown?

Just curious because Welshy's visa has STILL NOT COME THROUGH.

It was approved months ago and the Case Officer advised us to go ahead and make plans for mid April. Book flights she said. Give notice on your lease she told us. Introduce solids to your baby because there will be two people on the plane to feed her she implied.
So I emailed her this morning and said I was getting a bit nervous as I have not heard anything. She pinged me straight back with "as advised upon application, the current processing time is 6 months." WTF.

WTFWTFWTFWTFWTF.

Not one part of this whole thing has been easy. The whole moving to another country while pregnant, two divorces, a wedding, visa application, baby being born, her passport, her citizenship, buying cars, selling cars, furnishing, packing, unpacking, repacking....

Exhale.

Oh well...if it doesn't come through I guess that means Welsh will need to be "offshore" at the end of May and survive in Melbourne on a tourist visa until then. Which means no work. Which means staying with my parents for a bit longer. Which means lots of babysitting and perhaps a holiday to Bali on the day of approval.

hmmm....not so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment