Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Thursday

Well.
I have found a way to combine the things that are not good for me with the things that ARE good for me. No, no, no, i am not talking about watching The Hills whilst on a treadmill or dating a psychologist. (yes dating is bad for me)
I'm talking about accepting the fact that i will drink coffee everyday. Then using this as an incentive to get some exercise. So, for the last couple of days i have been walking to the coffee shop. Big deal? Well yes it is, depending on which cafe i decide to go to. Yesterday i walked through the St Kilda Botanic Gardens which are SO beautiful. Then on to Acland St for a latte. In total: 5.5km.
Today I was less ambitious and just walked to this cafe i used to go to every day. Total: 2.5km.
I have stopped walking on the beach since that lady got attacked a few days ago. I cannot imagine anything more horrifying. It's been nice to reacquaint myself with the suburban streets i live amongst.

Oh, and i also bought a magazine. a HEALTH magazine. AND i finally submitted my short story to a competition. I then spent the next hour reading the winning entries from previous years and feeling very scared indeed of it being successful. Heart, sleeve etc etc.

1 comment:

  1. You're story already is successful, it's wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete