Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Real Housewife of whatever county this is.

I have to stop watching so much TV.
I do.

Before i moved to sunny Wales (see! even my sense of humor is suffering) I rarely watched TV. My consumption was the sum total of The Bachelor with Special Beef Yakuniku Don on a Tuesday night, after seeing my personal trainer with my sister and random episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker, some show about emotionally unstable women living in a house with a guy who was most definitely not a psychologist or vintage Hills-all these at the end of a girls night or during the girls night really if truth be told.

These days, with the luxury of unemployment and SKY TV, I have access to an incredible about of trash, day in and day out. Miami Ink? Sure! Teen Mom 2? Why not? I Used to be Fat? Don't mind if i do! It's ridiculous! And don't even get me started on Jeremy Kyle, Jerry Springer or Maury. Or Jersey Shore, Geordie Shore or the Real Housewives of Orange Country for crying out loud. I just cannot take any more.

I've always been a believer that the input impacts the output so no more rubbish. I am going to fill my days with reading books, writing haikus and tankas, taking photographs, sitting by the stream and learning some Welsh so I have half a hope of knowing what they are saying when this baby and Welshy gang up on me in years to come.

I'm not even going to watch the final episode of Audrina. This is detox people and I am going cold turkey (damn it, that reminds me of Master Chef.)

No comments:

Post a Comment