Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Swim is the new run.

I've been at a bit of a loss lately, as to what exercise a big fat preggers woman such as myself can do. From very early on, the doctors put a running and gym ban on me after I had some bleeding immediately after jogging and using a rowing machine. "But that's my favourite exercise" did not evoke any goodwill amongst hospital staff unfortunately and so, I was stranded on planet walk-a-thon.
Problem: Using an ipod on country roads is massively dangerous.
Another problem: When you walk in a field, horseflies bite you. Through your pants. Ouch.

I've researched prenatal yoga (ha!) general yoga (not a chance) walking groups (not likely) within my local area. I was beginning to think i was destined to a yoga DVD and an enormous bouncy ball when i remembered that there is a pool down the street!
The good thing about living in the country is that hardly any people use the local pool. The bad thing is that the people who are in there, are most likely perverts. Just kidding (sort of.)

So the breakthrough is that swimming is like running. The breathing, the endorphins, the achey legs. And then i discovered that running in the pool is almost like running in real life except it doesn't make you feel like your stomach is about to fall off. I'm sure the perverts thought it looked weird but you know, they are welsh for gods sake so go take a look in the mirror like. (I'm half welsh now, so i can say stuff like that.)

Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment