Thursday, September 15, 2011

Maternal nuptials.

Maternity clothes are not cute.

Well actually, sometimes they are...until a pregnant lady puts them on. A pregnant lady who is not a model that is. Then they become less cute and more like a big shapeless bag that makes you look....well....pregnant.
Don't get me wrong, being pregnant is a beautiful thing. You look all ripe and gorgeous even whilst having murderous thoughts about your midwife. But there is really only the one look you can go with. The pregnant look. It's not very versatile. Some days i feel like wearing high heels...but then i do and I look like a cow in boots. Other times I find a really nicely cut tshirt but it will have something like "Does my bump look big in this?" printed on the front and I have to go outside to throw up a little bit.

Maternity wedding dresses are a league all of their own though. I mean for starters, white is not a fabulous colour to make you feel svelt, at the best of times. Unfortunately, Welsh has banned me from wearing a black dress to our wedding and for some silly reason, I am listening to him on this one. What about a colour? I hear you implore. Nope, the man is a traditionalist and has ordered a colour scheme of white to beige.

Here are a couple of dresses that don't make me want to punch a kitten in the face:


This one is from Tiffany Rose and is acceptable.


And this one from ASOS would also do the job.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Katie! I love them both. You will look beautiful xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first one looks like it could be you and the second is also brilliant! Gorgeous choices!! Got to LOVE ASOS! xxx

    let me know if you want me to search from this side, now that i have lots of time on my hands!!

    P.S. can we skype next week?

    ReplyDelete