Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Merry-go-round

Hi blogland!

Please excuse my absence from your wonderful world these last few weeks. I have no excuse except that my brain/creativity seems to have been snatched by the small person living inside my uterus.

So here are some updates:
Wedding plans are going smoothly. When i say smoothly, what i actually mean is that we have done very little towards organising it. We have a vague to do list stuck on the kitchen wall with things such as "Buy Welsh a ring" and "Research if pregnant people should wear high heels. If so, buy some, if not, cancel wedding."
It's the execution that seems to be the problem at the moment. I keep getting stuck somewhere between getting in the car and driving an hour to the jewellers and glancing out at the backyard and the sunshine and deciding to have a cup of tea instead. I'm quite half arsed about the whole thing actually which is not indicative of my enthusiasm to marry Welsh but probably a little telling about my enthusiasm to do it here, with no one I know and my family a million miles away. If Welshy had not hired a photographer, I would probably not even brush my hair on the day.

The baby is being a good girl and staying put. She kicks me constantly and I can already see the arguments I am in for, for the rest of my life. My dad thinks it's hilarious that someone more demanding than me is about to be born and Welshy keeps saying "what are you going to do when you have two babies?" the other baby being him. He doesn't realise that I am actually a child too and in 8 weeks, there will be three whinging infants in this little house. Someone is going to have to step up and I don't think it can be the actual baby. Chances are, Welsh and I are going to have to get it together sooner or later. I am not even talking about the big issues such as "how do we foster her self esteem?" more like basic survival stuff such as "Can i get drunk whilst breastfeeding?"

I've also been keeping busy doing Welsh's visa application. Why am I doing it when I am already an Australian citizen? You may well ask. Well a) I am a control freak. b) I am better and quicker at forms c) Welsh has a full time job and d) I get less overwhelmed by it all because i am used to working under pressure. I have turned the dining room in to an office and created to do lists for Welsh, to do lists for myself, lists of documents to be certified, lists of questions we need to ask other people, a file with evidence demonstrating our continuing commitment to one another and simple questions we need to discuss before i can put them on to paper (like "when did we start a relationship? Dating doesn't count.") I am actually thinking that my stat dec regarding the nature of our relationship could double as my wedding speech. We can lodge it just as soon as we get an extract of our wedding certificate and then send in an amendment once the baby is born. Hooray. Then we get to pay thousands of dollars to get plane tickets and then pack up this whole house, move back to Aus, try and find jobs/childcare and live with my parents! Awesome!! Then house hunt, unpack all our crap, throw a first birthday party for the small one and have an Australian wedding. See! This is why I need a good cuppa in the sunshine.

So that's life for me right now. xxxx

1 comment:

  1. How much fun are visa applications?? I did all of our forms too. Plus you featured in the story about our relationship! Once we had all the paperwork it weighed OVER 1kg! If there's anything I can do to help let me know! xxx

    ReplyDelete