Monday, October 17, 2011

Hi everyone!

I have six official weeks left of carrying this person inside of my skin. Probably more like 5 weeks though as she has gone breech again in what I can only conclude is an attempt to try and kill me.
I was in agony for three days because her head was wedged under my rib cage (I'm sure it wasn't a barrel of laughs for her either) so now with bruises on one side of me and the whole "don't sleep on your back or you will die" issue AND this rather large lump preventing me from sleeping on my stomach, I have ONE position to sleep in. And this position means facing Welsh on the bed and having him breath on me/snore 5 cm from my face or generally just EXIST which is enough to make me want to scream ROLL THE EFF OVER which I do often and at varying volume levels.
I think I am just over it. Is it too soon to be over it? I can't sit on the couch, I can't sit in the rocking chair, I am writing this standing up because it is the only thing that stops a baseball sized head from being naughty. It hurtssss and I want a massage and some new clothes and some sort of baby coach to tell me if i need more than two pairs of tiny socks and also do I need bottles? And if so, how does that even work with the milk and my boob and everything?

As a balance to the agony and whinge festival that has been taking place this weekend, I have also spent time with my eldest niece. She is a wonderful reminder that they do grow up and become actual people, with actual opinions. And they also say things like "do you need help hanging out the washing?" and can makes cups of tea on their own.
It's pretty awesome.

2 comments:

  1. awww bubba i wish i was there for you. I am there in spirit!!!

    i remember that last part totally sucked and totally hurt when they are squishing you all up like that. Excuse me breach bubby you need to turn for mummy now please xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drama was always your strong point! I guess you either have rib pain or if she was engaged you wouod be wetting your pants or have heamoroids......weigh that up! Anyway before long you will have a precious bubba to keep you awake all night but you won't care as her head will be next to your mumma jugs not in your ribs xx maybe get a bottle if you want to express some boobie milk ?

    ReplyDelete