Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Is it okay to wear pyjama pants to class?


Hi,

I am toying with the notion of blurring boundaries. I have had so many different versions of myself in my lifetime-worker, daughter, wife, friend, girlfriend, sister, best friend, babysitter, aunty etc and i am a bit over the contortion. I just want the one version of myself to live in every aspect of my life. To be all these things at the same time.
I just want to be me. And i am wearing pyjamas to school tonight. If people find me strange, that is their gig, not mine. I have so little time to myself these days and the thought of pulling on jeans is just too much to deal with today. I'm tired, inspired, excited about life and i am someone who wants to wear pyjamas as regular pants. Good.

2 comments:

  1. Please describe aforementioned pajama pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's not okay. I am not your friend and I expect a lot from you as a fellow human being. Sorry you are tired but you will get energy from "duding up" for the rest of the human race.

    Actually, I can live with it if I can't see your underwear through the pants. I've occasionally had the thought that monks are on to something with the comfy robe thing! Here in Boston, the Franciscans also always wear sandals. After an hour or two in an office with heels on it makes you want to join. Bad side is that as a female, nun clobber is no where near as comfortable.

    Bottom line: Okay if you must, but rethink. What if an HR exec comes to class to hire? You are what you wear to most everyone in public. I would like to think I care enough about my fellows on the planet to make a nice impression just for the sake of nice.

    ReplyDelete