Sunday, August 15, 2010

Working title.



So my friends, the time has come for me to submit this short story i have been working on.

The thing is, i really need a title for it. A good friend suggested "Ground Up" as a triple entendre reflecting the themes of death, pain and rebuilding, but i think perhaps it's a little heavy. I have been using "Girl Meets Boy" as the document name and i wonder if i should just stick with that.
Although the story is heavy in parts, it also has elements of whimsy and magic so i'd like to come up with something that encompasses all of that. I also thought about giving it a really long title like "That time she started getting mysterious letters delivered to her but she didn't know where they were coming from" but it might not print well.
The story is about a series of letters so maybe that's what i need to focus on. hmmmm. Maybe i can just call it "Love letters." Too girly? Too annoying? sounds too much like The Notebook for my liking.
What about "How To Write A Love Story."

hmmm.

6 comments:

  1. I like the last one best. Can you send it to me please?? I want to read it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would like to read it for the FIRST time and then i can help with suggestions! :)

    i like ground up tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. something about heart's memory...you know how the hearts memory is different from the brain's memory? and plus this concept is talked about in love in the time of cholera....or i like ground up. girl meets boy reminds me too much of the band of the same title. ox amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just "Poste" , "Poste Boy" , or "Poste Girl"??

    ReplyDelete
  5. No...I have it!! The title should be "Poste Restante" ...French for mail that is held until the right person claims it (restante is also feminine!)
    Now I will shut up...Mum

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forget sometimes that people read this blog! thank you for all your suggestions. "Poste Restante" gave me chills but i am not sure of the French connection. Hearts Memory is beautiful. i wish i could use another Marquez quote as a title: "What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how your remember it." I never knew girls meets boy is the name of a band. lame.

    ReplyDelete