Tuesday, July 13, 2010

That time i realised that one day, i will have to get a job.

So today is my first day of semester two in my FINAL year of study. You know what this means right? Yep, i need to start thinking seriously about next year and beyond-more specifically WTF i am going to do in terms of a career. I've had lots of jobs in my lifetime. Some i was AWFUL at...like the time i worked in a furniture store and sold a grand total of nothing the entire time i was there. Some have been not so bad-i ran a fairly successful education site in a job that i was under qualified in, completely unsupported during and fairly overwhelmed by the time i left but overall, i did a pretty good job.
The problem i guess is that the type of job i want doesn't actually exist. I think i just have to come to terms with the fact that it is going to take some networking, negotiation and lots and lots of work and enthusiasm to get this portion of my career off the ground. The other problem is that i secretly just want to write. If truth be told, that would be awesome. Hmmmm....actually....I am going to go and look up writing courses immediately. Maybe this is not my final semester after all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment