Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Someone in this cafe is wearing my ex boyfriends aftershave.

and it's making me gag.

Isn't it funny when the senses remember what the brain has forgetten? The same way the smell of a freshly peeled mandarin transports me to a certain hillside in Southern China or a whiff of Bourban makes me 14 again, kissing my first boyfriend in a vacant lot.
I wonder when all has been said and done, what my body will remember of you? The scratchy wool jumper you used to wear? The smell of ox tail stew? Our wedding song? Maybe just my lone footsteps on the floor boards sounding out a repetitive syllable you you you you you you you

3 comments:

  1. oh gross. i hate that smell, if it is boyfriend number 1!!

    the smell of kitty reminds me of kitty and i love that!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. boyfriend number 3-ish. i think. oh god i lose count all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful posting miss kitty kat xx

    ReplyDelete