Saturday, November 6, 2010

Optimism is the new black.

This whole romance gig is bit like a sociology thesis on optimism.

I have loads of friends who have fallen in love with people from Other Parts Of The World. For example, my lovely friend K met her boyf in a bar in the city one night in Melbourne. I forced them upon each other and take 99% of the responsibility for losing said friend to Germany. Another friend is currently divorcing his wife who is Japanese. She lives in Japan. And there has been tooing and froing for another couple i know and i really worry about where they will end up and the sacrifices that will have to be made. One of them has to leave behind family and friends. One of them has to navigate a new culture, restart a career, watch their nieces and nephews grow up through photographs.

It's an interesting thing you know because i see all this happening. I watch the heartbreak and the bilingual arguments but still, STILL I am jumping into this thing with a man who will most likely get deported and take my heart with him. Why? For the same reason that all of us make stupid decisions.

I think it will be different for me, simply because i want it to be different for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment