Monday, November 8, 2010

We all know how it ended

But how did it begin?

Like all love stories do. We met, i thought his eyes looked kind. He seemed so much younger than he was. He was unusual. He rode a bike to work for Gods sake and ate muesli every single morning. He played obscure music and told me his favourite colour was brown. I remember thinking could i kiss his mouth for the rest of my life? I also remember thinking yes i could.

He proposed in the living room. It was two months after we had first kissed and for some reason, it didn't seem like the worst idea in the world. He had almost proposed the night before but we were so drunk and we had a fight about something or rather and so the ring stayed in his pocket.

The first time i met him, he said I have been waiting for you (I was late for our meeting.)

He dinked me home from a Tegan and Sara concert once. He dinked me home from a new years eve party once. Eventually he bought me a pink bike with a basket.

He told me he loved me for the first time at the Prince of Wales. I was sitting on a bar stool at the time and i almost fell off it. We had been together less than two weeks and we were ridiculously happy.

That's how it started.

2 comments:

  1. Brown? really?
    Lovely piece of writing. Is dinked a word?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written, and so telling...arrrghh.

    ReplyDelete