Monday, January 10, 2011

Fifty things.

I keep stumbling across lists that people make on their blogs. Like 50 random facts or 10 things they did in the last year. I like the idea. It seems self indulgent to me, but seriously, i write a blog about myself just so strangers can read it-I am perhaps okay with a little self indulgence.

Fifty things:

Things i want to do in my lifetime:
Live in another country
Have a child. Or maybe two.
Publish something of the written kind.

Things I have done already:
Lived in another country. (I want to do that again.)
Squeezed my niece and nephew
Quit jobs.
Laughed in my sleep.
Fought in public
Kissed in public
Visited 20 different cities. Probably more actually.

Things i need to buy:
A house
A shower caddy thing
Printer cartridges
New shoes
New jeans
A ticket to Wales.
Coffee.

Things i am slowing letting go of.
My marriage
My obsession with my weight.
My obsession with my hair
The fact that she died.
The fact that i cannot let it go. (yeah! you can let go of trying to let something go.)

Things i want to write books about:
Love
Grief
When two people meet on a train
A train station with no exit.
How sometimes my heart feels like it is yawning and makes me wonder why falling in love makes it feel like it is opening and why that makes me think of a yawn.
physical afflictions that effect people and why they effect people like restless leg syndrome where you cannot keep your leg still while you sleep and what is it that you are running away from??
A watch that breaks at a certain time and a baby that is born at that time and what these two things mean for the baby and the watch wearer.
A painting with secrets to tell.
A birthmark in the shape of a wild flower.
All in one book!!

People that other people say i look like:
Whitney Port
Joss Stone
Delta Goodrum.
Pink.

People i wish i looked like
Jonothan Safran Foers wife.

The best books in the world:
Everything is Illuminated
The Secret Garden
Love in the Time of Cholera
Scission
The Picture of Dorian Grey.

My favourite world in Welsh:
Cariad.

Choose one thing:
oysters
writing
black
mascara
a photo of my parents
summer
cinnamon
regret
his laugh

So I think that is around 50 things.

3 comments:

  1. good list. i think you should also make a list of things you need to do... likeee.. for example your age on the side panel?? We can't go avoiding that our 30s are fast approaching anymore.

    xx

    i would like to meet the welshman also, you could add that to the list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love this post. and i think it is interesting that your heart opening up is also like a yawn. i think it is because u are a professional expert in falling in love so it is like 'i can do this with my eyes closed, *yawn* i love your book ideas and i love how you need a shower caddy. you are in my top favourite 5 things of all time. my xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will buy you a shower caddy.

    Wonderful honest open thoughtful inspiring post

    ReplyDelete