Saturday, January 29, 2011

The labour of love.

What's up with this heat Melbourne? I have a marathon to train for dontcha know? Selfish, Melbourne. Really bloody selfish. Go pick on someone your own size, like Sydney for example.

So there has been very little jogging happening this last week. There has been some going into the city for dinner, hanging with my nephew, driving to Rye for a swim and spending Australia day conducting an impromptu pub crawl around Richmond, but not much jogging unfortunately.

I had a cafe latte with my beautiful and sensitive Kate and we were talking about life (I kid you not!) and grief and ex husbands (mine, not hers) and i came to a conclusion as one does when one is in a cafe with ones excellently insightful friend.

I want to be friends with my ex husband. It is hard, yes. But it is harder not to be friends. The hurt has all but evaporated, the anger dissolved and sitting there at the bottom of the sieve is a little nugget of truth that has been like a stone in my shoe ever since; I still like the guy. And that stone has a piece of sand next to it; Maybe we were supposed to just stay friends in the first place. Not immediately after we separated, but the first FIRST place. The place when we were actually friends and he lent me books and i gave him CDS and he rescued me from terrible clients and I, well I paid for his beer after a particularly horrific day at work.

Oh and guess what? It looks like my boyfriend will be staying in Melbourne. I know! How excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment