Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Walkabout

Today's run was hard which is very annoying considering last time i ran it felt so good. This morning i felt like i was running through water-I was all headachy and stiff.
I have put this down to several contributing factors:
1. I ate too much chocolate last night, hence the headache.
2. I worked six days in a row, today being my one day off.
3. Classes started back this week.
4. I have not run in 7 days.
5. I ran too quickly at the start because i wanted to beat my distance from last time.
See how these things tie into each other? I work too much, get tired, eat chocolate, hurry into school, wake up and try to go for a run in the tiny pocket of free time i have left myself. Silly me.
I didn't quite finish the final running component of the program but i did walk a little bit extra just to make up for it. I also ran into two neighbours; I had a great conversation with one-his wife is doing her honors in creative writing and she is basically my model for the good life (creative job, chickens in the back yard, beautiful studio with polished floor boards and sketches on the walls.) My other neighbour suggested i plant some trees in front of my bedroom window for "privacy." I think i should be paying attention to that considering he has been saying the same thing for a year. My husband has a terrible habit of opening all the blinds in the house just as i am getting out of the shower....
So i covered around 4k's this morning. Better than nothing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment