Thursday, February 4, 2010

Home again, home again, jiggerty jig.

well hello stranger.

My holiday was fab-u-lous. Filled with ridiculous amounts of sunshine, singapore slings and swimming. I read 4 books and have discovered a new favourite in Everything is Illuminated which happens to be the best book in the world. If you have not read it, read it now. If you have read it, why didn't you tell me about it? Seriously...i thought we were friends.
Anyway, i am avoiding the unavoidable. i have a confession to make. i have fallen well and truly off the wagon. i ran a grand total of once in the entire two weeks. In my defence, it was really hot and we stayed at this resort which was more conducive to breakfasts in bed and lazy evening strolls rather than alarm clocks and chaff. i am only human after all. Oh my god, i have to tell you this one thing, they had these little flags that said "hungry and thirsty" that you waved from your sun lounger by the pool so you didn't even have to stand up. My one victory over my holiday wagon-falling was the fact that i never used my flag. Oh no, i walked the whole three feet to the pool edge and doggy paddled to the pool bar thank you very much.
So while i am not quite starting from square one i am going back to square two of the program. And i have revised my completion day for mid april which happens to be the day i turn twenty freaking nine. I'm going to run every second day so i have no room for the sneaky "i'll just run three days in a row at the end of the week" thoughts intruding on my otherwise iron clad resolve.
Signing off, from the wagon. which i happen to be back on. with a seat belt this time, and really well behaved horses. x

1 comment:

  1. I need pictures. That sounds seriously lovely. Do you think if I got those flags, it would work on my husband?

    ReplyDelete