Thursday, March 17, 2011

Getting ideas.

I've been awake since 3 this morning writing the first chapter of a book.

I've always been more of a short story kind of a girl but this book is writing itself. What i mean to say is, this story has existed for a long time but has been laying trapped in my head. It was always going to be written eventually.
It's my story. The story of love, the story of loss. The story of standing in an airport and wondering what i will tell my husband. It will not be a typical novel. The chapters will sometimes be one sentence long. It may jump here and there and tie itself in to knots. But that is how it is with life and loss-it's messy and raw and poetic and irrational.
It is chick lit i think. In an Elizabeth Gilbert pair of shoes. But it will not always be easy to read. However, i feel that it will be easy to understand. Relatable.

I am going to write a chapter in Paris next month. It seems appropriate.

3 comments:

  1. you are amazing miss K!

    I can't wait to read it, when you are ready to share!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading it. I know it will be beautiful xx AJ

    ReplyDelete