Thursday, March 3, 2011

Perspective Sandwich.

Hullo!

God, am I tired? Yes I am. See! I'm so tired that I have started talking to myself. Why thank you, I think your hair looks lovely today too.

So. This week i started my New Job. My New Job and my Old Job could not be more different (okay, okay i suppose if i was a stripper and nun then those roles could be more different but just run with the exaggeration or else my post will become all realistic and boring.) So, i was saying, these roles could not be more different. One day someone is threatening to shoot me (eff you too buddy) and the next, I am considering shooting the next person who asks me about lego. The death threat has been the low point of the week but the high points are numerous and varied! The staff there are awesome people who do amazing work. I love meeting inspiring people and i have just been reminded of why i am so passionate about my social responsibility etc etc.

The funny thing is, i resisted going back into this sector for such a long time. I thought i would not have the energy, that someone would threaten to shoot me and i would freak out. But this work does not drain me, it actually energizes me. Working in a great, professional environment with highly skilled colleagues is incredibly uplifting. I feel changed already. I don't feel all vulnerable and sensitive. i feel strong and smart and creative.

And on my third wedding anniversary, the 2nd anniversary of my mother in laws suicide, one year since i said to my husband "I think we need to talk" I went to work and met 10 people who had seen 10 times more chaos, grief, pain and misfortune than me. Then i got to hang out with my sister whilst watching the Bachelor, talk to my gorgeous boyfriend on the phone the whole way home, then go to sleep in my beautiful house.

My life is fucking excellent.

1 comment:

  1. excellent... i too wonder about working in such an environment, giving a new lease of life! It sounds brill! So glad you got this job, not so glad that someone threatened to shoot you, let's presume this said person doesn't even own a gun. x

    ReplyDelete