Monday, May 9, 2011

11.

11 has always been my lucky number. Well not always, but for a couple of years.
Before that, it was 5. When i was a kid, my lucky number would change with my age and when i turned 5, my sisters informed me that i couldn't just change it because i had, had a birthday. Showing the already determined (stubborn, defiant, annoying) streak in my personality, I claimed that being five had nothing to do with my lucky number of choice and boy oh boy did i show them the day i turned six. I stuck to my guns until my 25th birthday when finally I realised that 11 actually was my lucky number. And that you cannot just choose a number, it chooses you. And also that claiming my favourite colour was peach just to be different from the pink my sister clearly had a preference for, fooled noone. (My other sister was even more of a rebel, painting her bedroom BLUE! The scandal!)

Anyway, I digress. Since i started noticing that 11 followed me around, it has always served me well. And guess what? The year is 2011. Which mean that this year (and i say this every year) is going to be the Best Year Ever.

1 comment: