Monday, May 16, 2011

Boom Boom Boom

Well, what an eventful day it has been so far.

This morning i got to have an ultrasound. I have had three so far which seems excessive really but without going into too much detail, i have had some....issues......with this pregnancy which may have been because of my heart shaped uterus, could have been caused by excessive exercise (who, me? what?) but is most likely Just One Of Those Things. I had four blood tests in a week which was wonderful as you can imagine. Especially the one performed by a trainee nurse with a lip ring. I mean, I am all for the learning process but if i wanted to be stabbed repeatedly with a needle by some emo kid, i would never have resigned from the crisis centre.

Ultrasounds are amazing! As my friend said "you get to meet your baby before they drive you insane." My baby is "very active" which dad says is pay back (yep, he was in the room as a woman inserted an internal ultrasound thingy. Difficult to maintain sensible conversation whilst that is happening.) and everything looked fine. By "fine" I'm sure she meant that the baby looked like the cutest, smartest, funniest, kindest thing she had ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment