Thursday, May 19, 2011

I just booked a flight.

And now i am getting scared. The "what ifs" and the middle of the night dread is starting to creep its' way into my optimism. I have had too much time to think about this. To consider the impact it will have on my life. To enjoy all the things i am leaving behind.....

However. It is time to move forward. It is time to be brave and remember that this is an adventure. This little life of mine has always been interesting and i suppose this is the next chapter. The one called The Year I Moved to Wales and Had a Small Baby. But it's scary right? Leaving everything i know and love behind and shacking up with a Welshman. Jebus Jebus. Luckily this particular welshman is sweet and kind and has spent the last week buying furniture for our home and digging out a vegetable garden. Bless. I really like vegetables and i read somewhere that you should sometimes feed them to your kid too. You know, just for a change from ice cream.

I'm looking forward to the fresh air. To the quiet. To the slower pace and the easy smiles. Wales to me is Welsh sipping tea in the mornings. His nieces' tiny hand curling into mine as we wander down a lane. Kicking water at each other in a stream until we are all wet and laughing like something out of an OMO ad. The wild violets and the tame lambs. Oh, it's so beautiful there. So, so beautiful. You should see the sky at night. Unbelievable.

So on the 9th of June I will go to Bangkok (possibly have a massage) and then arrive in London at 7.15am (my Visa starts that very day and i don't want to miss Welsh for even a day longer than i have to.)

It's crazy really, isn't it? It's crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, it's crazy, but also ace. see you in 30 mins xx

    ReplyDelete