Thursday, January 7, 2010

If it's not one thing, it's your mother.

Last night i had a really weird dream.

I was at Werribee open range zoo with an old boyfriend and I was speaking to my brother in law on the phone. He told me he'd been looking at photos of me and that i "could no longer deny" that i had a fat arse. Of course i woke up at this point and ran into the kitchen to tell Mr husband that his brother was being a jerk in my dream.
"No one speaks that way about my lady" he quipped, as he checked out my backside.
All day though, i have been wondering what this dream meant...why was i at a zoo when this message was delivered? why was my ex boyfriend sitting next to me? why was my brother in law being such a prat?

Then it came to me.

I'd been watching twin peaks the night before and let me tell you ladies and gentlemen, David Lynch does not a good bed partner make. But i I think my dream was trying to tell me something. I think it was subtly implying that my arse, is indeed, in some need, for speed. I think featured exboyfriend was present to remind me of a time when i was slightly more bootylicious. The meerkats however, are anyones guess.

So here i am. On a quest for fitness. On a journey of courage and hopefully strength. My goal is to break 5kms in 30 minutes, by my wedding anniversary which is March First. That's just less than eight weeks before i can say stuff like "mmm, i know, i never used to be a runner either but now, well, it's almost like a life philosophy isn't it? Shall we stretch?"

Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god! 5ks in under 30 mins! That's 5 mins faster than I did in that Melbourne run thing. Good luck! Take me with you!

    ReplyDelete