Friday, January 8, 2010

A walk in the park.

My first run went off without a hitch.
One down, 23 to go.

Things i have learned so far:

Extra hair ties are a must. I'm sure that once my hair tie broke, people wondered what the crazy lady with the blonde frizz was running away from.
Ipod. Desperately need a distraction from my inner dialogue of "wow, cute dress, what is that dog doing? Because it's my first time, surely i don't have to do the whole thing...opps..forgot to look at my watch again...are those people looking at me? Maybe i know them...should i stop to say hi?" etc etc.
I've also learnt that i go really, really red when i exercise. Which leads me to believe that i have not exercised since 1984.
Oh and one more thing, your legs don't hurt the day after you run. they hurt the day after the day after. Usually when you've have 4 hours sleep and have to walk to work in 35 degree heat.

Overall though i am slightly impressed with myself. i know it's only 8 minutes of actual running, but the main thing is, i wanted to give up and be gentle with myself but i didn't. I gave myself a Toughen Up Princess Pep Talk at around the 18 minute mark and it was smooth sailing from there.

Tomorrow I'm going back for round two. I'm kind of excited. Another thing i have learned about myself? I think i actually like running. Shhh...don't tell my inner sloth-her and the meerkats are bound to gang up on me....

1 comment:

  1. Katie I'm impressed! Love the Toughen Up Princess Pep Talk, hi hi ha. Keep going! xx

    ReplyDelete