Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Round one: finito

Guess what? yup, I've finished Week One!

This fills me with both a sense of accomplishment and a slight tingle of dread regarding what the coming week has for me. I did a little tester this morning to see what 90 seconds of running feels like compared to just 60 seconds....60 seconds was easier.
In happier news, i ran/walked 3.2km in the 25 minutes today. That is progress people (and probably has something to do with the extra hour sleep in i had beforehand. oops.)

I use an online tool you can find here to measure the distance i am covering. Somewhere down the line, i'm going to map out a 5km track and just walk the remainder until, oh my goodness, i can run the whole thing.

I'm feeling a little strange about my Dr visit yesterday and the acknowledgment that yes, my uterus is unusual ("most like a pear, yours like a love heart" said in a thick russian accent) and that yes, this is going to be a problem when i fall pregnant. (it's like falling into a ditch)
i spent last night reading about adoption and waiting lists and financial security...all of which sounds daunting. Maybe i could just become a cat lady?

3 comments:

  1. A very wise friend of mine from New Zealand once said to me "I'll cross that bridge when I get to it". Don't torture yourself with 'what ifs'. God! If only I could take my own advice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm..i love that old New Zealand proverb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hear you loud and clear girlfriend. remember i was told that due to my amenorrhœa I may not be able to fall pregnant and ALAS I still fell pregnant despite the amenorrhoea. Things do happen and will happen, even if they defy the odds!

    Just remember I love you for all that you are!

    x

    ReplyDelete