Monday, June 20, 2011

17 weeks.

We are officially sticking with the 28th of November as the due date for this little baby. Because I've had scans and tests in multiple countries, we have been given two due dates. Don't ask me how this actually works. But anyway, we are sticking with the 28th because it seems like a nice day to be born. And that means I am 17 weeks pregnant today.
I celebrated by sticking my hand in some stinging nettle whilst trying to pick wild strawberries then watching Americas next Top Model. I also missed my blood test appointment because zany Zeny forgot to tell me about it. Or i forgot. Details. It's all fairly casual so maybe someone mentioned it in passing and i was supposed to know that meant i had an appointment. I do like the way things just develop organically in the place but it does make for a confused Australian woman. Oh well. I keep saying things like "just to clarify" and "sorry, can i just double check that I am actually booked in to a hospital?" and i still don't get an actual clear answer. There is a national reluctance to making plans or uttering the words "yes" or "no."
The funniest thing is that my occupation on my medical records is "Housewife." It's so funny. I feel like i am in the 1950's. Especially because my mobile is getting cut off in a couple of weeks so i have used Welshy's number in my contact details. So everyone needs to call him and ask to speak to his housewife if they want to talk to me. It's extra funny because we are not even married (except for those pesky legal documents stating that I have a husband and he has a wife.) These are the things that entertain my idle mind.
Oh well, time for Teen Mom and a cup of tea then.

No comments:

Post a Comment