Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mary, Mary, quite contrary.

Now that I am a housewife, i do fun things like weeding the garden of an afternoon. Gardens interest me in the same way that houses do. Residents come and go over the years and landscapes and details change and evolve. I don't know who lived here just before us, but it was someone who liked birds enough to put a bird feeder in one of the trees. Years and years ago, Welshy's grandmother lived here and as i was weeding today i wondered which trees she planted, if she guided the ivy up and over the garden wall, if she made the little path from the driveway to the lawn.
We are putting our own little mark on this property. Have a look at some of my favourite parts.


The garden shed. There is something magical (and cob webby) about this place.


Just over the garden wall is a gorgeous stream. You can fish here all year long, especially after it has been raining. I dreamt of this stream and of Welshy and a little boy with brown hair, long before i got pregnant, decided to move to Wales, or even knew this place existed.True story. They were in a truck.



Through the triangle window.


My pretty boyfriend planted a pretty rose.


I don't know what this is but it is growing in the vegetable garden and it is red.


I love this stone wall. It's so perrrrty.

And that's what I did today. x

No comments:

Post a Comment