Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Don't run with chewing gum in your mouth.




Last night at the gym i ran on 14. i know out of context, this number means nothing to most people. But let me tell you, it is fast. it's almost a sprint i would say. As soon as we started i knocked off a kilometer and a half on the treadmill before doing evil things to my abs. Then i got back on and went again and for some stupid reason i was all like "make it REALLY fast" to my trainer.THEN I spent some time looking in the mirror and wondering why my face was so red while he asked me if i was going to faint. (I didn't. I am more of a spewer than a fainter.)

Last week felt quite out of control. Like the universe teamed up with mother nature to whip me around in a merciless game of Past and Present Collide to Remind You That Life is whatever that word is that means fluid and changeable and ever evolving. But i am back in the drivers seat. My house is a mess, my hair needs cutting, my life needs minor repairs but at least i am holding the steering wheel again. Thank goodness for running and painting and coffee.

2 comments:

  1. so the love of the weekdays on fb was your a faux status to keep you aligned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my brain was that black and white. It was more like amongst the chaos, there was still love. xxx

    ReplyDelete