Saturday, August 7, 2010

Times i am really glad that i am no longer married.

1. When i blow dry my hair. My engagement ring used to heat up and burn my finger and now it does not. Because it lives in a drawer.
2. When my ex husband calls me and tells me he is moving in with his sister. Starting to think that perhaps he is a little bit stranger than i may have realised.
3. When i kiss a cute boy on the couch and he runs his fingers through my hair and i think holy fuck, it has been a long time since anyone looked at me like that.
4. When someone at work comes up to me in the kitchen and says "Oh, so you're the art therapist i keep hearing about...." (the fact that i was washing paint brushes in the sink was the give away) and i think "Yeah. I guess I am." Because in all the grief and loss and divorce and misery of the last year and a half, somewhere in the background, i have been working hard to get a new career off the ground. And it happened. And i would not have done it if i had not had the time and space of Not Being Married.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful post Kit. xo how was your weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you lady! Now start that list about all your achievements you will reach at 30. See you tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete