Friday, October 8, 2010

Can i part with you for Paris?

This has become my mantra and gosh, has it been getting a work out the last few days.
I really need to stop spending money on nonsense and start saving for things like plane tickets to romantic European cities.
Resisting potential purchases by asking myself "Can i part with you for Paris?" has been quite effective.

A muffin with that coffee ? no thank you.
The entire Fluer Wood spring collection? oui oui i can part with you.
Can i part with a copy of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close? I sure can. That's what libraries are for.
What about those cute jeans in the window? okay...i guess
New nail polish? but i love nail polish....
And tickets to the Lemonheads in December? Well now you are just going too far.
You don't really need new water colour pencils do you? Not really but they are so pretty.
And you can live without buying that expensive organic fair trade coffee and just have instant, yes? I refuse to answer that on the basis that it will incriminate me.

But I have been very restrained with cafes and restaurants and have actually cooked about 10 times this week. Every time i bite into another cheese and avocado sandwich i just remember how sweet the croissants with be on the banks of the Seine.

1 comment: