Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Just joking.

People keep saying to me lately:
"What are you in such a good mood about?" and "Someone seems happy today!"
And i think to myself " Well yeah...I'm a happy person...."
My whole life, people have described me as bubbly, sweet, funny, cute, happy.

And then i remember, a year and a half ago, an atom bomb went off in my life and wiped the happy right off my face.

People who have only know me a short time must wonder who this person is. Distant, often disconnected, sensitive, bored. Someone in one of my classes said i had an overdeveloped self protection mechanism. And well yes, i do these days. I have grey hairs now, my dad always says "you look tired" and i swear i have more wrinkles than before. I don't trust very easily. I have trouble letting people in. I am guarded.

But the happy is coming back. I can feel it. I have more energy. I laugh a lot. I have stopped crying every second day. I'm not so sad. I have accepted what has happened. I am working on moving forward. I'm going to sell my engagement ring but keep all my wedding photos.

I will never be the same as i was. I have discarded the cute, refined the funny and am careful about the sweet. So no, i will never be the same. I will be something better though. (and yes i did see Eat Pray Love and no, i am not just copying her.)

On another note, i walked/ran 6.5km today. And i hardly complained at all at the gym last night.
Except for saying "I hate you, i hate exercise, and i hate coming here" when my trainer asked me why i was in such a good mood.
I hope he realised i was just joking.

3 comments:

  1. You cute? I have not heard that reference before!
    Maybe it's time you take on the "smart" title for a while :)
    Kitty we love you so much and we can see the light coming back in your eyes and hope it continues to do so especially when that ring makes you some dollars for travel xo
    Bron

    ReplyDelete
  2. all that signs mean that you're getting wiser. not only older. but you are certainly writing cute.keep up the good mood.

    ReplyDelete