Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lets go to Paris before we get old and ugly.

This is what my sister just said to me down the phone. And I cannot think of a single reason why this is not the best idea I have ever heard.

I spent an afternoon in Paris last February. In transit from Amsterdam to London, it was less glamourous than one might imagine. I did drink coffee and eat cake as i waited for the Eurostar to arrive though, all the while promising myself i would be back one day to ride a moped to Notra Dame and doodle in my Moleskin for hours on end.

We have decided to go in the Spring time which coincides with my 30th birthday which coincides with my divorce being finalised which coincides with what a great time to get out of Melbourne and wear pretty dresses in the sunshine.

I am imagining we will live it up like these two femme fatales did when they visited one episode, i mean day:



Okay, okay, so we may not be 20 year old Teen Vogue interns, but sometimes, when Whitney has not had much sleep, i kinda look like her. If i pull my hair into a bun and squint while looking in the mirror.

The main point is, I love traveling, i love my sister and i cannot think of a better way to spend my birthday, n'est-ce pas?

4 comments:

  1. Australian Spring or Paris Spring? 2010 or 2011? Either way it is super exciting. When you go you must attend Jim Haynes' Sunday dinner:
    http://www.jim-haynes.com

    You guys will love it. Great food, a bunch of strangers, Paris, Spring, need I say more?

    Also for accommodation you should check out:
    http://www.airbnb.com/

    It's normal people who rent their spare room or their whole apartment. I've found people in London and Amsterdam with great success.

    Also I spent every free moment today reading your blog. It's amazing Katie. Truly. Your sister is not exaggerating.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! But it's a fabulous idea. You MUST do it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paris Spring 2011. Thanks for all the tips-i will be researching thoroughly to get me through the next 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUI, OUI, OUI, all the way (not home, but to Paris!!) Clever little piggies!!

    xox Muz

    ReplyDelete