Tuesday, October 5, 2010

David Bromley is selling his house and other local news.

Hi y'all.

I just went for a 6.5km walk/run/wander through the wonderful streets of St Kilda. I constantly whinge about how boring the suburbs are-all those tree lined streets and power walking mums-with-prams. Cafes on every available corner, the beach outside my front door, community gardens offering up mint and chickens and rabbits to pat. Gosh, what a shit place to live.

I think i get bored of this place because it's all so old hat to me. I have these spoilt brat blinkers on that prevent me from truly appreciating how lucky i am. But today i tried. I watched the roller coaster at Luna Park until i felt vicarious dizziness and even took my ipod out of my ears as i walked down Acland street. I sprinted through the gardens where i got married and held my breath as i walked past my ex husbands apartment (remember doing that as a kid when you walked past a cemetery? Or was that just me?) and I finally felt like It's a Pretty Beautiful Place to Live.

Also, my favourite artist is selling his house. His house which happens to have his murals covering the walls. This to me is like buying the skirt and the supermodel waist line. Does anyone have a spare 3.5 million i can have? You can totally come to stay whenever you like. I'll even buy you a coffee.

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment